Professor in Social Statistics
On Sabbatical leave, 2018/19 Academic year
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD degree in Social Statistics please feel free to contact me via email.
Latent variable models, structural equation models, categorical data, missing values, outliers, longitudinal data, composite likelihood estimation, applications of latent variable models to education, psychology and to social sciences in general.
1. Latent Variable Models and Factor Analysis: A Unified Approach (2011), with D.J Bartholomew, and M. Knott. John Wiley series in Probability and Statistics. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9781119970583
2. Analysis of Multivariate Social Science Data (2008), with D.J Bartholomew, F. Steele, J. Galbraith. Second edition. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
New computing material in R, STATA, and Mplus have been added on the book’s website for all chapters http://www.lse.ac.uk/statistics/research/Social-Statistics/Multivariate-Data-Analysis/Data-and-Syntax.aspx
3. Analysis and Interpretation of Multivariate Data for Social Scientists (2002), with D.J Bartholomew, F. Steele, J. Galbraith. Chapman and Hall/CRC. http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/publications/aimdss-1st-ed/
4. Latent Variable and Latent Structure Models (2002). Edited by G. Marcoulides and I. Moustaki. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
1. Published Articles
5. Moustaki, I. (1996). A latent trait and a latent class model for mixed observed variables. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 49(2), 313-334.
6. O'Muircheartaigh, C. and Moustaki, I. (1999). Symmetric pattern models: a latent variable approach to item non-response in attitude scales. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A., Vol. 162(2) 177-194.
7. Moustaki, I. and Knott, M. (2000). Generalised Latent Trait Models. Psychometrika, Vol. 65 (3), 391-411.
8. Moustaki, I. (2000). A Latent Variable Model for Ordinal Variables. Applied Psychological Measurement, Vol. 24(3) 211-223.
9. Moustaki, I. and O'Muircheartaigh, C. (2000). A one dimensional latent trait model to infer attitude from nonresponse for nominal data, STATISTICA, 259-276.
10. Moustaki, I. and Knott, M. (2000). Weighting for Item Non-Response in Attitude Scales Using Latent Variable Models with Covariates. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, Vol. 163(3), 445- 459.
11. Joreskog, K. and Moustaki, I. (2001). Factor Analysis for Ordinal Variables: a Comparison of three approaches. Multivariate Behavioural Research, Vol. 36, 347-387.
12. Moustaki, I. (2003). A general class of latent variable models for ordinal manifest variables with covariate effects on the manifest and latent variables. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Vol. 56, 337-357.
13. Moustaki, I. and Joreskog, K. and Mavridis, D. (2004). Factor models for ordinal variables with covariate effects on the manifest and latent variables: A comparison of LISREL and IRT approaches. Structural Equation Modeling Journal, Vol. 11(4), 487-513.
14. Moustaki, I. and Papageorgiou, I. (2005) Latent class models for mixed outcomes with applications in Archaeometry. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol. 48(3), 659-675.
15. Moustaki, I. and Steele, F. (2005). Latent Variable Models for Mixed Categorical and Survival Responses, with an Application to Fertility Preferences and Family Planning in Bangladesh. Statistical Modelling, Vol. 5, 327-342.
16. Moustaki, I. and Victoria-Feser, M.-P. (2006) Bounded-influence robust estimation in generalized linear latent variable models. Journal of the American Statistical Association Vol. 101, No. 474, 644-653.
17. Tsonaka, R. and Moustaki, I. (2007) Parameter constraints in generalized linear latent variable models. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. Vol. 51, 4164-4177.
18. Rizopoulos, D. and Moustaki, I. (2008) Generalized latent variable models with non-linear effects. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology Vol. 61, 415-438.
19. Mavridis, D. and Moustaki, I.(2008) Detecting outliers in factor analysis using the forward search algorithm. Multivariate Behavioral Research. Vol. 43 (3), 453-475.
20. Cagnone, S. and Moustaki, I. and Vasdekis, V. (2009) Latent variable models for multivariate longitudinal ordinal responses. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology. Vol. 62, 401-415.
21. Mavridis, D. and Moustaki, I. (2009) The forward search algorithm for detecting aberrant response patterns in factor analysis for binary data. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics 18(4): 1016-1034.
22. Vasdekis, V., Cagnone, S. and Moustaki, I. (2012) A Composite likelihood inference in latent variable models for ordinal longitudinal responses. Psychometrika. Vol. 77(3) 425-441.
23. Ibironke, O., Koukounari, A., Asaolu, S., Moustaki, I. and Shiff, C. (2012) Validation of a new test for Schistosoma haematobium by detection of Dra1 DNA fragment in urine: evaluation through latent class analysis. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 6(1).
24. Katsikatsou, M., Moustaki, I., Yang-Wallentin, F. and Jöreskog , K. (2012) Pairwise Likelihood Estimation for factor analysis models with ordinal data. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 56 (2012) 4243–4258.
25. Koukounari, A., Moustaki, I., Grassly, N.C., Blake, I.M., Basáñez, M-G. Gambhir, M., C. W. Mabey, D, C. W., Bailey, R. L., Burton, M.J., Solomon, A.W. and Donnelly, C.A. (2013) Using a Nonparametric Multilevel Latent Markov Model to Evaluate Diagnostics for Trachoma. American Journal of Epidemiology. Vol. 177(9), 913-922.
26. Anagnostopoulos, F., Yfantopoulos, J., Moustaki, I. and Niakas, D. (2013) Psychometric and factor analytic evaluation of the 15D health-related quality of life instrument: the case of Greece. Quality of Life Research. Vol. 22, 1973-1986.
27. Koukounari A., Donnelly CA., Moustaki I., Tukahebwa EM., Kabatereine NB., Wilson S., Webster JP., Deelder AM., Vennervald BJ., van Dam GJ. (2013) Evaluating circulating cathodic antigen strips for the diagnosis of intestinal schistosomiasis in Uganda pre and post chemotherapeutic treatment: evidence from Latent Markov models. PLOS Computational Biology.
28. Vitoratou, S., Ntzoufras, Y. and Moustaki, I. (2013) Marginal Likelihood Estimation from the Metropolis Output: Tips and Tricks for Efficient Implementation in Generalised Linear Latent Variable Models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation.
29. Moustaki, I. and Knott, M. (2014) Latent variable models that account for atypical responses. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C. Vol. 63. 343-360.
30. Vasdekis, V., Rizopoulos, D. and Moustaki, I. (2014) Weighted composite likelihood estimation. Biostatistics, Vol. 15(4), 677-689.
31. Hafez, M. and Moustaki, I. and Kuha, J. (2014) Multivariate longitudinal data subject to dropout: a latent variable approach. To appear in Structural Equation Modelling, Vol. 22(2) 193-201.
32. Vitoratou, S. and Ntzoufras, Y. and Moustaki, I. Explaining the behaviour of joint and marginal Monte Carlo estimators in latent variable models with independence assumptions. Statistics and Computing, 26, 333-348..
33. Wall, M, Park, J.-Y. and Moustaki, I. (2015) IRT modeling in the presence of zero-inflation with application to psychiatric disorder severity. Applied Psychological Measurement, Vol. 39(8).
34. Kuha, J. and Moustaki, I. (2015). Non-equivalence of measurement in latent variable modelling of multigroup data: A sensitivity analysis. Psychological Methods, Vol. 20(4) 523-536.
35. Florios, K. Moustaki, I. ,Rizopoulos, D. and Vasdekis, V. (2015) A modified weighted pairwise likelihood estimator for a class of random effects models. METRON.
36. Mavridis, D., Moustaki, I., Wall, M. and Salanti, G. (2016) Detecting outlying studies in meta-regression models using the forward search algorithm. Research Synthesis Methods.
37. Katsikatsou, M. and Moustaki, I. (2016) Pairwise likelihood ratio tests and model selection criteria for structural equation model with ordinal variables. Psychometrika, 81(4), 1046-1068.
38. Vaidakis, D., Moustaki, I. Zervas, I., Barbouni, A. Merakou, K., Chrysi, M., Creatsa, G., Panoskaltsis, T. (2017) Knowledge of Greek adolescents on Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and vaccination: A national epidemiological study. Medicine, 96(1).
39. Zhu, Y., Steele, F.S. and Moustaki, I. (2017) A general 3-step maximum likelihood approach to estimate the effects of multiple latent categorical variables on a distal outcome. Structural Equation Modelling, (24), 643-656.
40. Kuha, J., Katsikatsou, M. and Moustaki, I. (2018) Latent variable modelling with non-ignorable item nonresponse: Multigroup response propensity models for cross-national analysis. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A.
41. Papageorgiou, I. and Moustaki, I. (2018) Sampling of pairs in pairwise likelihood estimation for latent variable models with categorical observed variables. Statistics and Computing.
42. Jin, S., Moustaki, I and Wallentin, F. (2018) Exploratory factor analysis via approximate penalised maximum likelihood. Psychometrika, (83), 628-649.
2. Contributions in Discussion of Papers
1. Fayers P.M. and Hand D.J. (2002) Causal variables, indicator variables and measurement scales: an example from quality of life, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 2002, Vol. 165(2) pp. 233-261. Contribution to the discussion.
2. Galbraith, J. and Stone, M. (2011) The abuse of regression in the National Health Service allocation formulae: response to the Department of Health’s 2007 ‘resource allocation research paper’. Journal of the Royal Statistics Society Series, A, 174, pp. 517-528. Contribution to the discussion.
3. Chapters in Books
1. Moustaki (2000) A Review of Exploratory Factor Analysis for Ordinal Categorical Data, in Structural Equation Models: Present and Future edited by R. Cudeck, S. du Toit and D. Sorbom. Scientific Software International, 461-480.
2. Moustaki, I. and O’Muircheartaigh, C. (2002) Locating ‘don't know’, ‘no answer’ and middle alternatives on an attitude scale: a latent variable approach, in Latent Variable and Latent Structure Models edited by G. Marcoulides and I. Moustaki, I. Lawrence Erlbaum, 15-41.
3. Moustaki, I. (2003) Latent variable models with covariates, in Statistical Musings edited by J. Panaretos. Lawrence Erlbaum.
4. Moustaki, I. and Knott, M. (2004) Computational aspects of the E-M and Bayesian estimation in latent variable models, in New Developments in Categorical Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences edited by A. van der Ark, M. Croon and K., Sijtsma , Lawrence Erlbaum, 103-124.
5. Bock, D. and Moustaki, I. (2007). Item response theory in a general Framework in Handbook of Statistics on Psychometrics, Vol. 26, edited by C. R. Rao and S. Sinharay. Elsevier.
6. Moustaki, I. (2007) Factor Analysis and Latent Structure of Categorical and Metric Data in Factor analysis at 100: Historical developments and future directions. Cudeck, R., and MacCallum, R. C. (Eds.). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
7. Mavridis, D., Moustaki, I. and Knott, M. (2007) Goodness-of-Fit measures for Latent Variable Models for Binary data in Handbook for of Latent Variable and Related Methods edited by S-Y Lee. Holland: Elsevier.
8. Moustaki, I. (2008) New developments in latent variable models: non-linear and dynamic models, in Proceedings in Computational Statistics , Brito Paula (Ed.). 18th Symposium, Porto, Portugal.
9. Cagnone, S., Mignani, S. and Moustaki, I. (2009) Latent variable models for ordinal data in Statistical Methods for the Evaluation of Educational Services and Quality of Product. Monari, P. Bini, M.,Piccolo, D. and Salmaso, L. (Eds.). Physica-Verlag Heidelberg.
10. Moustaki, I. (2012) A review of estimation methods for latent variable models in Current Issues in the Theory and Application of Latent Variable Models edited by M. Edwards and R. MacCallum.
11. Moustaki, I., Knott, M. and Bartholomew, D.J. (2015) Latent-Variable Modeling. Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online, 1-10.
12. Cai, L. and Moustaki, I. (2017) A review of estimation methods for latent variable models. In P. Irwing and (Eds.). The Handbook of Psychometric Testing. Wiley.
4. Articles in Proceedings
Moustaki, I. and O'Muircheartaigh, C. Item non-response in attitude scales: a latent variable approach. 1996 Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, Section of Survey Research Methods, 1997, 938-943.
5. Other Publications
1. (with D. Bartholomew and C. Phillips) Higher Education Pay and Prices Index (HEPPI). CVCP, London, biennial since May 1999-2003.
2. (with C. Phillips) Higher Education Pay and Prices Index (HEPPI). CVCP, London, biennial, 2003-2010 http://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/PolicyAndResearch/Statistics/Higher-Education-Pay-and-Prices-Index/Pages/default.aspx
· Psychometrika (Editor in Chief November 2014-December 2018)
· Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. (Associate editor, 2004-2013)
· Structural Equation Modelling. (Member of the editorial board since 2001)
· Journal of Educational and Psychological Measurement (Editorial Board Member, since 2014).
· Methodology: European Journal of Research Methods for the Behavioral and Social Sciences. (Member of the editorial board, since 2005)
· Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, (Member of the editorial board since 2011)
· Statistical Methods and Applications, (Associate editor, January 2012-August 2014)
· Psychometrika (Associate editor, September 2013-October 2014)
· Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C (Applied Statistics), Special Issue with theme in Social Statistics, Guest editors: Jouni Kuha and Irini Moustaki, Volume 63, Issue 2, Pages 191-360.
· Honorary Doctorate, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Uppsala, January 2014
· Honorary Professor, Department of Psychological Studies, The Education University of Hong Kong, July 2015-July2018.
· LSE Excellence in Education Award, June 2016. (http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/education/2016/10/20/3927/)
· Member of the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology (SMEP), since March 2016.
· Psychometrika, Elected Member of the Board of Trustees (2006-2010 and 2011-2014)
Royal Statistical Society, Fellow since 1994
Psychometric Society, Member since 1997
· Basic Statistics
· Regression Analysis with MINITAB
· Sample Survey Theory and Methods
· Statistical Techniques for Management Science (Sample Survey)
· Analysis of Categorical Data
· Quantitative Methods for Economists
· Statistical Inference
· Market Research Methods
· Statistical Packages and Data Analysis
· Further Sampling Theory
· Non-linear models
· Multivariate Analysis
· Categorical Data Analysis
· Multilevel and Longitudinal Data Analysis
· Introductory Statistics for Economist course for the Summer School, London School of Economics 1997-2008.
· Regression analysis course, Goldman Sachs, London, May 1998.
· One-day course on the methodology and application of latent variable models in social sciences, Dublin Business School, University of Dublin, November 1998.
· One-day course on the methodology and application of latent trait and latent class models to Government Social Researchers, London, September 1999 (with D. J. Bartholomew).
· Short course on the methodology and application of latent trait and latent class models in Social Sciences, Ph.D program, Statistics Department, University of Bologna, Italy, 11-14 April 2000.
· Teaching at the Management Business Administration postgraduate course at the University of ESADE, Barcelona, since 2001.
· Business and Management Decision Making, ESCEM School of Business and Management International MBA programme, Poitiers, France, 13-17 January 2003.
· Short course on the methodology and application of latent variable models, Ph.D program, Statistics Department, University of Bologna, Italy, 16-20 May 2002.
· Management Business Administration postgraduate course at the University of ESCEM, Poitiers France, January 2003.
· 17th Greek Statisticians Meeting, workshop on Latent Variable Models with Applications in Social Sciences, Lefkada, 17 April 2004.
· Market Research Methodology, Blocked Seminar, Centre of European Management Schools (CEMS), Prague Economics School, September 12-16, 2005.
· Methodology and application of latent variable models to the PhD students of the Statistics Department of the University of Bologna, Italy, October 2006.
· Methodology and application of latent variable models to the PhD students of the Statistics Department of the University of Florence, Italy, February 2007.
· Structural Equation Modelling as part of the European Courses in Advanced Statistics, 24-28th of September 2007, Grenoble, France.
· Categorical Data Analysis, Faculty of Psychology, University of Barcelona, Spain. 25-28th of May, 2010.
· Structural Equation Modelling. Aristoteleio University, Thessaloniki, 23rd of May 2011.
· LCAT Training workshop on Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, hosted by Cathie Marsh Centre for Census and Survey Research, Manchester , 3-4 May 2012.
· LCAT Training workshop on Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, hosted by the Applied Quantitative Analysis Methods Network (AQMeN), Edinburgh, 28-29 May 2012.
· LCAT Training workshop on Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, Department of Economics, University of Tucuman, Argentina, March 5-6, 2013.
· LCAT Training workshop on Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sao Paulo, March 15, 2013.
· LCAT Training workshop on Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, Royal Statistical Society, London, September, 2014.
· Methods Summer School, ME115 Latent Variable Modelling and Structural Equation Modelling for Social Sciences Research, 17-12 August 2015, London School of Economics.
· Barcelona Summer School in Survey Methodology, Latent Trait and Latent Class models for cross-national surveys, University of Pompeu Fabra, 27 June -1 July 2016.
· Methods Summer School, ME115 Latent Variable Modelling and Structural Equation Modelling for Social Sciences Research, 15-19 August 2016, London School of Economics.
· 30th APS Annual Convention, May 24-27, 2018, San Francisco, USA. Invited Workshop on Latent Variables and Mixture Models for Analyzing Social Science and Behavioral Data.
· Fourth International Meeting Dissertation Research in Psychometrics and Sociometrics, December 12-13, 2004, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
· 13th Workshop on Item Response Theory, October 29-30, 1997, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
· International Symposium, Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modelling Perspectives and Visions. Honouring the Research of Karl Joreskog, 31 March-1 April, 2000, University of Uppsala, Sweden. (Invited Speaker)
· International Conference on Measurement and Multivariate Analysis, May 11-14, 2000, Banff Canada. (Invited Speaker).
· 22nd Biennial Conference of the Society of Multivariate Analysis in Behavioural Sciences, July 17-19, 2000, London. (Organiser)
· 15th Workshop on Item Response Theory, September 26-28, 2000, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
· International Symposium on Structural Equation Modelling, December 13-15, 2000, St Charles Illinois. (Invited Speaker).
· Computational Management Science Conference and workshop on Computational Econometrics and Statistics, April, 2-5, 2004, Neuchatel, Switzerland. (Invited Session, Chairman).
· Factor Analysis at 100, May 13-15, 2004, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (Invited Speaker).
· Symposium in the honour of Paul Lazarsfeld, organized by the University of Leuven in, June 4-5, 2004, Brussels. (Invited Speaker).
· Three papers presented at the 20th Workshop on Item Response Theory, October 12-14, 2004, University of Twente (Keynote Speaker).
· The 14th International meeting and the 70th Annual meeting of the Psychometric Society, July 5-8, 2005, Tilburg, The Netherlands (Keynote Speaker).
· International Association for Statistical Computing, 3rd world conference on Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, October, 28-31, 2005, Limassol, Cyprus. (Invited Session).
· International Conference on “Statistical Latent Variable Models in the Health Sciences”, July 2-8, 2006, Perugia Italy. A satellite meeting of COMPSTAT 2006. (Invited Speaker)
· First Joint meeting of the Societe Francophone de Classification and the Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society, June 11-13, 2008, Caserta, Italy. (Keynote Speaker)
· International Conference on Multivariate Statistical Modelling & High Dimensional Data Mining 19-23 June 2008, Kayseri, Turkey. (Invited Session)
· International Meeting of the Psychometric Society, June 29 - July 2, 2008, New Hampshire, USA. (Invited Session)
· International Meeting of Computational Statistics, September, Porto, Portugal (Invited Speaker)
· International Conference on Robust Statistics, June 15 - June 19, 2009, Parma, Italy (Invited Speaker)
· Conference on Latent Variable Models; Honoring Michael W. Browne. September 9-10, 2010, at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. (Invited Speaker)
· Italian Statistical Conference, University of Bologna, June 8-10, 2011 (Invited Speaker).
· Symposium on Recent Advances in Methods for the Analysis of Panel Data, June 15016, 2011. ISCTE-IUL University of Lisbon. (Invited Speaker).
· Composite Likelihood Methods, April 22-27, 2012. Banff Canada. (Invited session)
· V European Congress of Methodology, July 17-20, 2012 Santiago de Compostela, Spain (Invited Session).
· 13 Escola de Modelos de Regressao, February 24-27, 2013, Maresias, Brazil. (Invited Speaker).
· International Meeting of the Psychometric Society, July 22-26, 2013, Arnhem, The Netherlands. (State of the Art Lecture).
· National Council on Measurement in Education, April 2-6, 2014, Philadelphia (Invited session).
· Joint Statistical Meeting, August 2-7, 2014, Boston (Invited Session).
· One-day conference on Cross-national surveys: methods of design and analysis, London School of Economics, December 15, 2014, London, UK. (Invited Speaker).
· FIRB Research project: “Mixture and latent variable models for causal inference and analysis of socio-economic data”, January, 23-24, 2015, Rome, Italy. (Invited speaker).
· ICQQMEAS Meeting, May 21-22, 2015, Athens, Technological Institute of Education. (Keynote speaker).
· 80th Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society, July 12-16, 2015, Normal University of Beijing, China.
· Tagung der Fachgruppe Methoden & Evaluation [FGME 2015] der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Psychologie, September, 16 – 18, 2015, University of Jena. (Keynote speaker).
· RSS Computational Statistics Section, “How do you SEM? Pros and Cons of Software Packages for Structural Equation Modelling”, 28th January, 2016. (Invited speaker).
· Challenges for Categorical Data Analysis, February 10th, 2016, RWTH Aachen University, Germany, (invited speaker).
· 81st Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society, July 12-15, 2016. Asheville, NC, USA.
· Fourth Conference on the Statistical Methods in Psychometrics, August 31- September 1, 2016, Department of Statistics, Columbia University, New York, USA (Invited speaker).
· Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology Meeting, October 19–22, 2016, Richmond, VA (Invited speaker).
· A conference in honor of Paola Monari, February 3, 2017, University of Bologna. (Keynote speaker)
· 6th Annual Thomas Ten Have Symposium on Statistics in Mental health, May 12, 2017, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University. (Keynote speaker)
· Conference of the International Federation of Classification Societies, August, 8-10, 2017, Tokyo, Japan. (Keynote speaker).
· Fifth Conference on the Statistical Methods in Psychometrics, Columbia University, November, 17-18, 2017, NYC. (Invited speaker).
· CroNos workshop of Multivariate Data Analysis and Software, April 3-5, 2018, Lemessos, Cyprus (Keynote speaker).
· International Test Commission Conference, July, 2-5, 2018, Montreal, Canada, (Keynote speaker)
1. Dimitris Mavridis, (completed) “Goodness-of-fit measures and outlier detection in Latent Variable Models with categorical and Mixed data”.
2. James Abdey, (completed) “To p, or not to p? Quantifying Inferential Decision Errors to Assess Whether Significance Truly is Significant”.
3. Myrsini Katsikatsou, (completed) “Composite likelihood estimation for structural equation models and ranked data” (co-supervisor)
4. Silia Vitoratou, (completed) “Efficient Bayesian marginal likelihood estimation for generalised latent trait models”. (co-supervisor)
5. Evgenia Tsompanaki, (completed) “Using hybrid latent variable models for modelling missing data”.
6. Mai Hafez, (completed) “Analysis of Multivariate Longitudinal Categorical Data Subject to Nonrandom Missingness: A Latent Variable Approach”.
· Item nonresponse and measurement error in cross-national surveys: Methods of data collection and analysis. Funded by: NCRM Call for Methodological Innovation Projects, Amount: £192,247. PI: J. Kuha, Co-investigators: C. Skinner, J. Jackson, I. Moustaki (Co-I). 1st of April 2013 – 31st of November 2014.
· Latent variable modelling of categorical data: Tools of analysis for cross-national surveys, ESRC, RES-239-25-0022 (1/4/2010-30/9/2012) with J. Kuha (PI), I. Moustaki (Co-I), S. Stares, G. Gaskell and J. Jackson.
· Evaluation of interventions and diagnostics of neglected tropical diseases in sub-Saharan Africa, MRC fellowship awarded to Dr A. Koukounaris, C. A. Donnelly (PI), I. Moustaki (Co-I) (10/1/2011-31/8/2013). Award to LSE.
· Fairness and equal burden sharing in EU asylum, British Academy Award, 1/6/2010 – 31/5/2011 with L. Bovens (LSE Department of Philosophy) and I. Moustaki, £7,500.
· Methods of analysis and inference for social survey data within the framework of latent variable modeling and pairwise likelihood, ESRC Award, 1/10/2014-1/10-2017, ESRC fellowship awarded to Dr M. Katsikatsou, I. Moustaki (Mentor). Grant Reference: ES/L009838/1.
· Methods for the Analysis of Longitudinal Dyadic Data with an Application to Intergenerational Exchanges of Family Support. ESRC Research Grant to begin October 2017. F. Steele (PI), J. Kuha, I. Moustaki (Co-I) and C. Skinner. ES/P000118/1.
September, 2018 by Irini Moustaki]